What is consulting:
A consultant (from the Latin consultare means “to discuss” from which we also derive the word counsel) is a professional who provides advice in a particular area of expertise such as technology, or engineering. A consultant is an expert or a professional in a specific field and has a wide knowledge of the subject matter. Thus, clients have access to deeper levels of expertise than would be feasible for them to retain in-house. It is generally accepted good corporate governance to hire consultants. – [Wikipedia, abridged]
Compass AudioVisual, LLC specializes in advising an institutional clientele (e.g., business, industry, and academia) on how best to use audio visual technology to meet their technical objectives. A discussion or two may be sufficient for some projects, but David Logsted (Principal) oftentimes performs or directs the following necessary activities as well:
Consultant Activities* May Include:
- Technical decisions
- Systems design
- Defining project requirements
- Procurement documentation (e.g. technical specification, Statement Of Work)
- Design and equipment recommendations
- Systems contractor evaluation & selection
- Project scope definition
- Product evaluation
- Acceptance testing
- Control system graphic user interface (GUI) design
* Note: For the project owner, these activities are best handled by a independent agent, an AV-technical specialist like David Logsted, to represent them throughout the project process.
In addition to providing mere advice, David wishes to become your expert technical advocate, your trusted advisor in the audio visual project process. With Compass AudioVisual, LLC on your side, you may rest assured that your needs are represented well in the project process.
The result: An advanced audio visual system of the highest quality!
Please contact David anytime to discuss your project or for more information.