The Audio Visual Specialist & Project Manager
The audio visual field has become extremely technical. The successful deployment of today’s advanced audio visual systems requires both qualified audio visual and project management skills.
Hello, my name is David S. Logsted. Let me tell you a little bit about myself. I have over 25 years of audio visual (AV) systems experience, with an emphasis on systems engineering. I am a degreed electrical engineer and PMP-certified project manager. I am also an avid outdoorsman; I especially enjoy hiking, and climbing mountains.
There are similarities between mountain climbing and an advanced audio visual project. Both are challenging, oftentimes explorative endeavors which require planning, experience, and creativity. Additionally, the quality of the gear is extremely important, and mistakes in both realms can have significant consequences.
|Years of experience in systems, electrical, and recording engineering, combined with extensive AV-focused project management experience, a deep audio visual technical knowledge, and an eye for detail, has allowed me to excel in this work. I especially enjoy gathering user requirements, mapping them to the latest technology, and ensuring these requirements are met in every aspect of the project — with the objective of technical excellence and best value for the dollar. As your technical representative, I will manage your project from inception through to completion, ensuring every detail meets your requirements.
Selecting the right professional to manage your project is the all important first step. Therefore, to assist you with this decision, I offer the following brief overview of my background:
- 2000-2010: Employed by Sandia National Laboratories as the primary designer, project manager, and operations lead for Sandia’s flagship scientific visualization facilities at their main campus in Albuquerque, NM
||These facilities include very large, high-resolution, multi-projector arrays and 3D-stereo displays for scientific analysis of simulations run on large-scale computer clusters. These visualization facilities are extremely technical in nature. Project management required highly specialized technical audiovisual skills as well as extreme organizational ability and attention to detail (see portfolio).
In addtion to recognition within Sandia as the “go-to-guy” for advanced audio visual and visualization facilities, I represented Sandia as an Advanced Audiovisual & Scientific Visualization Specialist — providing expert consultation to non-Sandia entities, such as New Mexico state government and private corporations when called upon (for an example, see appreciation email from NM Dept of Information Technology, dated 27 December 2010, on the Testimonials page).
- 2009: Received Project Management Professional (PMP) certification from the Project Management Institute (PMI)
- 2007: Received Certified Technology Specialist (CTS) certification from InfoComm International.
- 1999-2000: Employed by Sandia National Laboratories as a systems engineer in the Aircraft Compatibility department.
- 1994-Present: Systems Engineer (audiovisual, electrical, field service, security, aircraft)
- 1985-Present: Audiovisual system design & project management
- 1992: Received degree in Electrical Engineering (audio emphasis)
- 1988-Present: professional live audio mixing, recording, and training
- 1988-1991: Renovated and operated a recording studio: “New Song Productions”
- 1987: Completed intensive recording engineer training at The Recording Workshop (Chillocothe, Ohio)
- 1985-1991: Recording studio work; audio engineering, mixing, systems design & build
I thoroughly enjoy working with people to enable their technical project vision come to a successful reality. Whether you are an end-user who needs someone to ensure the project is done right, or you are with an audio visual systems contractor who needs someone with the expertise to design a system or direct a large project, I am happy to explore with you how I may assist in your upcoming project. Every project is worth doing right. I look forward to working with you, applying my expertise to your next advanced audiovisual project.
Please contact me to discuss your project.
– David S. Logsted, PMP, CTS